#SchoolWELLnessNY Twitter Chat FAQ
October 9th, 2019
Why are you hosting a #schoolWELLnessNY Roundtable Twitter Chat?
The WELL Campaign is gearing up for a productive legislative season to make school wellness a New York State priority! A Twitter chat is an opportunity to gather and engage with our partners (virtually!) and discuss your thoughts about how we can ensure that this process is as collaborative as possible. We need your input, experience, and ideas so we can be successful in passing a New York State law to create a model wellness policy and secure funding for implementation. The wellness policy will help ensure all NYS students have the best environments to support their health and wellbeing, so they can learn and thrive!
I’ve never done a Twitter Chat before… what is it and how does it work?
A Twitter chat is a public Twitter conversation around one unique hashtag. This hashtag allows you to follow the discussion and participate in it. Twitter chats are usually recurring and on specific topics to regularly connect people with these interests.
Our unique hashtags are:
Be sure you use both in every Tweet so we can see your comments!
What steps should I take to participate?
Prior to the Twitter Chat:
1. Mark your calendar for Wednesday, October 9th, 2019, 11:30am-12:30am EST
2. Make sure you are following our Twitter account: @theWELLCampaign
3. Review the discussion questions. You can also draft up your responses ahead of time so when we pose a question, you’re ready to go!
4. Share our event your followers and ask them to tune in/participate! We also encourage you to tag YOUR elected official(s) in the tweets to tell them that you care about school wellness!
Here are some sample tweets you can use to promote the chat:
We’re teaming up with @WELLCampaign to make #schoolWELLnessNY a NYS priority! Tune in on Wednesday, October 9th at 11:30amEST to our roundtable discussion! #WELLCampaign
We want NY children to have the best school environments that support their health and wellbeing. Join us on Wednesday, October 9th at 11:30amEST to discuss #schoolWELLnessNY! #WELLCampaign
Day of the Twitter Chat:
1. Log in to Twitter on October 9th, 2019 at 11:30am EST.
2. Using the search function, type in the #schoolWELLnessNY hashtag. Hit “Latest” to follow along.
3. Let your followers know that you’ll be joining our chat! Again, you can tag your elected officials to let them know you care!
Here’s sample tweet you can customize:
We’re with the #WELLCampaign today to talk about supporting student health and wellness in schools! Tune in at #schoolWELLnessNY!
4. We’ll be sharing the discussion questions using Q1, Q2, Q3, etc., You can share your responses using A1, A2, A3, etc.
5. As the discussion moves forward, hit “Refresh” to watch the hashtag stream and feel free to jump in and respond to what other partners are saying! Remember to always use #schoolWELLnessNY in your responses!
I’m not sure who my elected officials are or what their Twitter handles are.
We have you covered! Check out the links below to find who your elected assembly members and senators and their respective Twitter handles:
Email Rebecca Valdez, firstname.lastname@example.org